Miro 1.2.3 was supposed to be a minor bug-fix release which also had xulrunner 1.9 support for gtkx11. But then vlc 0.8.6f came out and we updated our Windows build to use that. But then we found a bunch of problems and many of those got fixed. But then I decided I might as well tackle support for YouTube's mp4 versions. But then... but then... but then... two weeks and a lot of work from a lot of people later and we finally got Miro 1.2.3 out the door.
This is the first release I've built Ubuntu Hardy packages for. That's cool--a lot of work went into that.
This is the last release I'll be building Ubuntu Dapper and Feisty packages for. If there are still Dapper and Feisty users out there (and I'm sure there are), hopefully a champion will arise from your midst and set up a PPA to support you.
I really want to thank Markus, Uwe, Janet, Ben, Chris, Luc, Paul, Dean, Sedat, all the other people who hang out on
#miro-hackers, the bug reporters, the testers, the translators and everyone else involved in the last three weeks of work flurry that resulted in Miro 1.2.3.
Having said that, there were a bunch of bugs that were discovered and triaged to the next release. I wasn't able to get a Fedora 9 virtual machine working in VirtualBox and wasn't able to help them out with their Miro packaging problems. I also wasn't able to spend time with my Debian Lenny virtual machine and help Uwe with his packaging.
In summary, there was a lot of stuff that was done which is great and a bunch of stuff left on the floor until the next version which is a bummer.
Onwards to the next release....