Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- playing catch-up on testing for Miro 4.0
- updating tests with Sikuli, found a problem which they fixed (thank you super cool Sikuli developers!)
- tested Miro Video Converter
- tested Universal Subtitles
- started testing the Miro app for the iPad
- working on the new ui--tried to get it done for the call, but it's not quite there, yet
- working on the view menu--probably land it this week
- working on ratings--almost done
- researching adding MusicBrainz support
- fixed some bugs
- did a bunch of stuff related to moving servers around
- overhauled the windows build scripts and some of the code so that I can work on Windows
- fixed unit tests so we have proper test skipping
- planning to land extensions
- interviewing candidates
- made changes to signals that we talked about on the last couple of calls which caught some funky issues
- fixed a bunch of bugs
- working on performance fixes for tree inserts
- fixed a bunch of bugs
- working on Amazon store support
- merged the DAAP branch to master
- did some release engineering for putting Miro in the app store
- having problems with bonjour support on Windows
- working on Miro Community tiers
Order of business:
- Can Will land extensions, yet? In the future, if you need peoples' input, track them down and ping them until they submit to your needs.
- talked about how to get bonjour support working for Miro on Windows
- problems with bonjour support on Windows
- could use mDNS responder (Apache license) but we can't get it to compile with Visual Studio Express
- maybe the user should download the file and print sharing thing and install it?
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- PCF is looking to hire another Miro developer and a System Administrator. See the jobs page for more details.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/. (It just moved.)
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 46 bugs/feature-requests created
- 1 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 6 bugs marked INVALID
- 3 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 1 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 20 bugs marked FIXED
- 1 bugs marked INCOMPLETE