Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- we put out a beta on Saturday and things are looking awesome
- there's still a lot of work to do, we need help with testing and translations.
- We did a beta release over the weekend. Huge number of Windows downloads (2000ish). OSX downloads (100ish). Source downloads (10ish).
- Some minor issues discovered so far--things are looking ok.
- Pulling in interns to do more testing on Miro.
- Worked on P1 bugs that were primarily TypeError issues and easily fixed with some defensive programming.
- Happy to have a beta channel---that'll solve a bunch of release testing issues.
- Going to switch gears and work on Miro User Manual stuff. Trying to write a comprehensive but concise manual. It needs to be concise because otherwise we'll spend tons of time writing and maintaining it. Planning to do a few manual-writing sprints like we did last cycle.
- Worked on Miro Community project list page.
- Working on P1 bugs for Miro and Miro Community.
- Tighten up the systems, make them more automated, make them more efficient.
- Worked on P1 bugs and trying to squeeze more performance from transcoding.
- Worked on P1 bugs
- Worked on Windows playback issues and some other beta bugs.
- Interested in fixing Miro stuff to make it easier to bring in new contributors and also running some sprints
- Worked on P1 bugs.
Order of business:
- More ui changes coming.
- RC on Friday. Focus on outstanding ui changes.
- Manual doesn't need to be totally up to date on release, so Will will updated a bunch of stuff, and probably put in stubs for bits.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work to development, testing, and translations, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects like Miro Community and Universal Subtitles. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 104 bugs/feature-requests created
- 5 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 1 bugs marked INVALID
- 8 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 54 bugs marked FIXED
- 2 bugs marked INCOMPLETE