Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- lots of flux in git-master, but the code is starting to stabilize
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- past the codefreeze--switching to mini-deadlines for important functionality.
- worked on subtitle issues; discovered some irritating things about our subtitle support
- worked on p1 issues
- worked on device support problems
- switched to working on ui overhaul stuff
- working on custom table headers; will probably implement this on OSX and skip GTK platforms
- continuing to work on the edit item dialog
- working on magnet uri support; keeps bumping into metadata-related issues
- mostly done with magnet uri support
- merged in transcoding branch last week
- working on polishing and fixing edge-case issues
- mostly done with things now--just some edge-case issues to handle
- working on ui overhaul bugs; having some problems but thinks he can get the majority of it done
- after that, will work on a variety of small ui bugs
- spent a lot of time testing device support and sharing support
Order of business:
- We missed the codefreeze. We've got a lot accomplished, but there are still problems that need to be addressed. We're pushing out the deadlines a bit and also switching to a mini-deadline model.
- Next mini-deadline is for user-interfaces issues. That's end of Friday.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 78 bugs/feature-requests created
- 4 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 1 bugs marked INVALID
- 6 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 1 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 52 bugs marked FIXED
- 1 bugs marked INCOMPLETE