Note: I'm changing the way I denote the date so it's not ambiguous. Sorry about that.
Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- lots of flux in git-master, but the code is starting to stabilize
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- Morgan's family had the flu last week which is why ui overhaul related questions are taking a while to get answered.
- Worked on sorting and playlists.
- Planning to work on new InfoList issues.
- Lost internet connection for most of the week.
- Worked on sikuli tests--most of them are done now.
- Implementing tests in sikuli has uncovered lots of issues.
- Continuing to work on sharing and other things on his plate.
- Worked on views and metadata stuff.
- Worked on device syncing.
- Worked on ui overhaul bugs. Updated the sidebar.
- Worked on shuffle/repeat and playback.
- Working hard on Miro Community 1.2--hopefully will have a beta out this week.
- Windows build box keeps hanging. Seems like it's predominantly related to when the cron job to build the nightly kicks off, but it's hung at other times, too. Hopefully we can get through this dev cycle before we have to replace the Windows build box because that'll take a chunk of time to do.
- Investigating libtorrent issues of which there are several and they're complicated.
- Looking at storing fast resume as a downloader-specific thing and storing it in files rather than the Miro sqlite database.
Order of business:
- Welcome Jonas! This is the largest group of Miro developers we've ever had (6). Hopefully we can keep this group going forward, but it depends on funding.
- Talked about how to fix the handling of the fastresume data for torrents. Will is going to change the downloader so that it's not passing this data to the Miro process and instead is managing it itself in files.
- Talked about magnet uri support. Will thinks this is a big project and is hesitant to do it because of its bigness. So we assigned it to Jonas because he's new and isn't scared of anything, yet.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- PCF is looking to hire a System Administrator. See the jobs page for more details.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 69 bugs/feature-requests created
- 3 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 1 bugs marked INVALID
- 7 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 2 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 41 bugs marked FIXED
- 6 bugs marked INCOMPLETE