Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- Landed InfoList performance changes.
- Going to work on bug fixes.
- Merged the sharing stuff.
- Spent time fixing things that were broken.
- Will continue working on fixing broken things.
- Planning to work on transcoding next--that's the last big thing on his list for Miro 4.0.
- Hoping to push the new view menu soon.
- Add metadata versioning.
- Working on showing item metadata scanning progress.
- Working on custom widgets for list view headers.
- Spent some time getting Miro running MeeGo.
- Spent some time working on switching Miro on Windows to gstreamer--too much work, so I'm going to defer it until a future version.
- Is it me or is our repository not git bisectable now? How can we fix this?
- Working on a MC 1.2 and hoping to fix it by next Wednesday.
- Working with Rob to deploy patch to MC servers which tells us how long Apache is taking to render certain pages.
- Worked on device stuff and the new connect section.
- Working on ui tickets.
Order of business:
- Talked about ItemInfo, ItemSource, and ItemHandler
- Talked about ui overhaul and those bits should be going faster now. New design work should be landing in tickets in the next few days.
- Talked about how git bisect doesn't work now. Kaz said he has steps to work around that. He's going to send an email about how he's working around the problem.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- PCF is looking to hire another Miro developer and a System Administrator. See the jobs page for more details.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 59 bugs/feature-requests created
- 6 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 1 bugs marked INVALID
- 9 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 1 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 31 bugs marked FIXED
- 7 bugs marked INCOMPLETE