We released 0.9.9.9 yesterday and it took us 5 or 6 hours from tagging the branch to releasing builds. That's pretty cool and makes for a smooth release. Also, I didn't screw anything up this time. :)
I'm an employee of PCF so it's my job to work on Miro (and the other things I work on). However, I'm just one guy and time is a limited resource. There's no way I can triage, identify and fix all bugs. I appreciate all the help that I can get. I had a bunch of help this release.
I wanted to thank the following people for the time they spent submitting quality bugs, sending in patches, and helping me fix issues:
- Simon from dbus-python who walked me through fixing the dbus-python deprecation issue and reviewed the code changes I made.
- Markus who helped me with a variety of Gutsy and Gutsy packaging issues.
- Paul who noticed our README was out of date and suggested changes.
- Matthias who helped with Gutsy and Feisty packaging issues.
- Gotz who helped with packaging issues.
- Stéphane who helped with packaging issues.
- Marco who helped with packaging issues.
We're well on the path to a solid 1.0. When 1.0 is finally out, we start working through the architecture changes required for many of the features that have been suggested.