Page 1 of 2 >> (less recent)
I was talking with Josh the other day and he told me that I should take the time to learn Subversion and switch over rather than investing more time to tame my projects with CVS and CVSTrac. So I spent a good portion of today moving my PyBlosxom plugins (the ones that I wrote and/or maintain on my own) to a Subversion repository and Trac.
There are a couple of things that will take getting used to, but overall I've been able to replicate everything I did with CVS in Subversion.
I'm still making modifications to the setup, but I'll be hosting all my PyBlosxom plugins work at http://www.bluesock.org/~willg/cgi-bin/pybltrac.cgi/. I've allowed anonymous ticket creation for feature requests, bug reports, and the like. If you're sitting on issues, patches, and things of that nature, feel free to submit them.
Prior to today, I was maintaining all my PyBlosxom plugins by hand... which was kind of stupid, but I hadn't really gotten around to investigating better solutions.
However, that day has come! I've pulled them all into a CVS repository and set up CVSTrac to manage documentation, bugs, features, and allow people to see version history for all of them. I'm in the process of going through all the plugins, adding CVS tags, updating copyright dates, fixing documentation, adding notes in regards to where the plugin is maintained and all that.
I aim to make the end result more organized for me and users looking for plugins and also require less effort to maintain.
Brett discovered some issues with booklist as it interacts with comments. So this fixes those issues.
You should note that if you're using booklist and comments, you should have at least 2 books in your list. Otherwise comments sees it as a single entry, decides to show comments for it, and then stomps on the property in the entry that dictates which template to use. That's a bug in comments that needs to get fixed.
Fixed encoding issues and some other things. Thanks Aslak!
Fixed a bug where categories with four letter names were getting picked up even if the name wasn't all digits. Thanks Ludvig Omholt!
Pick up the new plugin here: my pyblosxom plugins.
I got a comment from David Ascher on this entry which pointed out some issues with the wbgamazon plugin. After a few minutes, I fixed the problems listed and released a new version.
I've blogged for so many months now that the Archives listing on the side was getting pretty long. I don't really want a long list of months and years there, so I was looking for options.
Ned Batchelder lists his archives by year. For each year, there's a summary page by month which lists the dates and titles of all blog entries for that month. I really liked this idea, so I wrote my own archives plugin to use it. It's not exactly the same--the output is slightly different. It's good enough for me, though.
Turns out it was creating garbled yucky stuff that hosed my RSS 0.91 feed. I fixed it so that if it thinks it's outputting to an RSS feed, it just returns rather than doing the transformation.
I should look into making this a postformatter--that would be better.
I added the Request object to the locals for eval_python_block. I also did away with the "printout" kluge I had--you can use print now.
If you used an old version and are upgrading to this version, you'll need to convert all your "printout" function calls to regular print statements.
Find it in my plugin index.
I decided the registry plugin needed to allow users to see all the pending submissions and details therein. So I made some changes:
Get it on my pyblosxom page.
Page 1 of 2 >> (less recent)
Copyright 1996 to 2013, Will Guaraldi Kahn-Greene, under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license
Will's Blog by William Kahn-Greene is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.