I just added locking to Pyblosxom to allow separate Pyblosxom requests to synchronize on centralized data. In my case, the data is a file of how many views each of my blog entries has gotten. It seems to be pretty functional. It's something I had coded in my viewcounts plugin, but I've moved the code (and added to it) into the tools module so we can all use the same base.
An example of usage is this:
from Pyblosxom import tools LOCKNAME = "viewcounts.dat" ... lockret = tools.get_lock(request, LOCKNAME) if lockret: # yay -- we have the lcok else: # foo -- we don't have the lock ... if tools.has_lock(request, LOCKNAME) # yay -- we have the lock else: # foo -- we don't have the lock ... tools.return_lock(request, LOCKNAME)
The code is in CVS. It'll go into the next version. Also, I added a unittest module to the code base.