I've decided I don't really need to be running all the plugins I had running. So I've removed a bunch. The good news is that removing a plugin requires the following extremely difficult steps:
- remove the plugin from load_plugins in my config.py file
If I want to completely eradicate the plugin:
- delete the plugin file from the file system
- delete all entries in config.py that have to do with the plugin
- delete any data files the plugin used from the file system
Anyhow, I'm probably going to install comments, pingbacks, trackbacks, quarter-backs, double-decaf-half-backs, atom, madam, and all the other possible ways for blogs to intertwine with one-another over the next week so that I will finally have an inkling of what all the hubbub is about. 
 I also want to fix the comments documentation, test all the code, and get everything ready for a 1.0 release some time in my lifetime.