The last 7 days have been really great. I was thinking about this last night when it occurred to me that most of the entries on my blog as of late have been notes from dev conference calls for work. So I decided to write this up.
There have been several things that have made the last week great:
- Asheesh was hired as a contractor at PCF. I'm really psyched about this. Not just because I think Asheesh is my personal messiah and will solve all my non-family-life problems, but also because he's a great developer, a great person, and a great communicator. I have a lot to learn from him. Having him work in the PCF context will make that learning easier. Plus he's more likely to solve my non-family-life problems because they'll probably bug him, too. :)
- Morgan redid the PCF web-site and it's fantastic.
- Verizon FIOS finally came to my area and I switched. Prior to that, only Comcast was available for a reasonable broadband Internet connection and they kind of suck. It's interesting to note that the most friendly and most useful customer support person I talked to was the one I talked to after going through their ridiculous menu system and ending up at "leaving Comcast" (or whatever they call it). Now, I've got better Internet service now for a cheaper monthly cost and with better hardware. Plus the Verizon technician who came to do the install fixed up the side of my house. Seriously.
- My wife is 36 weeks pregnant. For reasons I don't want to go into, this is a big deal and it's really great.
- The church held a baby shower for us filled with wonderfulness, love and all kinds of good community stuff.
- I finished building my standing desk. I built it with studs and leftover wood from other projects. It was cheap ($30 or so), works great, and I really like it. I'll post pictures soon.
- I've almost finished building the changing table. I finished staining it and now I'm doing a few coats of polyurethane. It looks great so far. I hope it works out because it took a long time to build. I also hope we get a few more warm days because otherwise the polyurethane takes a long time to dry.
- My list of things to do before birthageddon is now trending towards smaller (yay!).
- Miro 3.5 is almost done and it's looking great and I'm now using the conversions feature fairly regularly. I'm hoping to do the Miro 3.5 release before the baby release, but ... they'll both come when they're ready.
- I'm scheduled to play D&D (actually, it's Pathfinder) on Thursday after a two or three month hiatus. I have no clue what's going on in the campaign, but I'm sure it'll be fun. Plus we'll get to use the d20 I bought a few months ago that's all sparkly and pretty.
And all this happened in the last week. It's been a good week.